FBA Small and Light Program
What is the FBA Small and Light Program and how can you use it to boost your sales and profit?
FBA Small and Light helps reduce the cost of fulfilling orders for small and lightweight FBA inventory priced under $10. Products that are enrolled in the program are available with free shipping for Prime customers and standard shipping for non-Prime customers.
Benefits of the FBA Small and Light Program
- Compared to the FBA Standard Program, your shipping fees are much cheaper in the FBA Small and Light Program.
FBA Fulfillment Fee for Standard Program
Most products (non-dangerous goods, non-apparel)
FBA Fulfillment Fee for Small and Light Program
- Your listing will be Prime Eligible and will have the Prime Badge which means more sales for you because it gives free visibility to Amazon Prime members or the active shoppers on Amazon.
- Customers are no longer required to meet a minimum order to purchase a product.
- You can offer 5% discounts on some products under the consumables category and prices of $5 and below. If the customer is eligible has ordered two or more units of a product. Here’s more, you are not required to do any action nor incur any costs because Amazon will handle it for you.
Criteria of Eligible Products for FBA Small and Light Program
- Products are in new condition
- Products are priced at $10 or less
- Product weighs 3 lb. or less
- Products size measures 18 x 14 x 8 inches or less
Also, here are common reasons why the products are ineligible for the FBA Small and Light Program.
- Goods that are dangerous – these are products containing flammable, pressurized, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substances.
- High pricing
- Velocity of sales is too low
Converting an Existing Offer to FBA Small and Light
- First, check if your product’s ASIN are eligible for FBA Small and Light Program.
- Then, go to the enrollment page and enroll your ASIN.
To use FBA Small and Light and fulfill a product by yourself, you also need to:
- Create a new SKU by clicking the dropdown arrow icon on the right side of the item. select the “Add another condition” option.
- Select the “Add another condition” option.
- After that, enter the information needed on each blank.
Note: Set the condition as “New” option. Select “Merchant Fulfilled” in Fulfillment Channel and convert it after you’re done enrolling.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
Enrolling Product to FBA Small and Light
- From the seller central, click on the “Growth” tab, then, select on the “Fulfillment Programs” option.
- Next, you will be able to see “Small and Light” options under the “My Program” heading.
- Then, click on the “Enroll products” tab.
- After that, click on the “Quick Enroll” button.
- Check the product eligibility by entering your SKU in the box, then click on the “Check Eligibility” button.
- Once the results of the product come back as eligible, click on the “Enroll selected products” button, then click on the “Confirm” button.
Sending FBA Small and Light Product to Amazon
- Choose an FBA Small and Light SKU, then click on the dropdown arrow icon and select “Send/Replenish Inventory” option.
- Make sure that you select “FBA Small and Light” in making a shipment.
- Lastly, click on the “Convert and Send Inventory” button.
You’re now all set on starting your FBA Small and Light Program journey! Thank you! See you on our next blog!